The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re has a continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Ebène (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt).
We are recruiting to fill the position of a qualified candidate in his Head Office in Lagos State (Nigeria):
Job Title: Assistant Accounts Officer
- The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria) with the possibility of redeployment to another Production Centre within the Africa Re Group.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial accounting activities of the Insurance Pools and preparation of its relevant financial statement.
The duties shall comprise amongst others:
- Timely processing of receipts for all premiums paid to the Pools by clients.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements for the Pools
- Updating & rendition of Pools members statement and shareholding
- Preparation of annual/half year accounts of the Pools
- Inter office reconciliation for all locations
- Cash flow management
- Processing & accounting for Dividend Payment to Pool Members
- Knowledge of the accounting cycle, financial statement presentation using standards (IFRS, GAAP) disclosure requirements & ethics and professional & accounting ethics
- Basic knowledge of financial performance evaluation techniques, profit analysis & margins, cost accounting & management techniques and management control & decision making support
- Good interpersonal skills, Disciplined, Reliable, with very high Integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required and intermediate usage of accounting, auditing and financial applications (In House
- Developed Applications and other third party applications).
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Organizational skills and Ability to multitask
- Problem Solving skills with capacity for taking initiatives and decision;
- Flexibility, Adaptability and Creativity
Qualifications and Professional Experience
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University degree or its equivalent in relevant fields plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work-related experience with emphasis in a relevant discipline preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualifications in Accounting would be an added advantage.
- Cognate work experience in Financial Services is an added advantage.
- 4 Years of experience of which at least 2 years are relevant work experience in Accounting and/or Finance in the Insurance and/or Reinsurance industry.
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English language
- Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 16th October, 2015.