Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Job Industry: Medical/Health
Job Title: ASH Consultant
Job Location: Abuja
- Hold in-briefing meeting with USAID/Mission and Ministry of Health if requested;
- Coordinate submission of study protocol to appropriate in-country ethical review board if required;
- Collect relevant documents for a desk-review including but not limited to national policies, strategies, guidelines, etc (with support from MSH Country Office);
- Conduct desk-review of documents;
- Identify key informants (with support from MSH Country Office);
- Contact key informants, introducing the study, and scheduling interviews (with support from MSH Country Office);
- Conduct key informant interviews using study interview guides;
- Conduct site visits for additional data collection as needed;
- Translate (as needed) and transcribe recorded oral interviews into written form;
- Conduct any follow-up interviews as necessary;
- Organize data and conduct preliminary analysis of findings;
- Organize and lead Findings Validation Workshop with key stakeholders (with support from MSH Country Office);
- Hold out-briefing with USAID/Mission and Ministry of Health if requested;
- Conduct final data analysis and synthesis of findings.
- Draft five-ten page case study report on findings which can be adapted into a technical brief and the final consolidated cross-country findings report. A report template and outline will be provided.
Outputs and Deliverables:
- Electronic copies of desk review documents submitted to ASH MNCH Advisor by the end of the first week following engagement.
- Lists of key stakeholders and key informants submitted to ASH MNCH Advisor by end of first week.
- Written brief outlining key findings from document review submitted to ASH MNCH Advisor by end of second week.
- Transcriptions of at least 10 key informant interviews sent electronically to ASH MNCH Advsior by third week.
- Five-ten page case study report synthesizing findings submitted to ASH MNCH Advisor by end of 4th week.
- Experience conducting qualitative public health research;
- Relationships/contacts with relevant maternal health stakeholders in-country (MOH, donor representatives, implementing partners);
- Familiarity with maternal health issues including postpartum hemorrhage preferred;
- MD, MPH, or PhD preferred;
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility in responding to comments and requests;
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
Application Closing Date:
24 May 2015
How to Apply:
Click here to Apply