Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM) Limited was established in 1994, and has evolved into a leading asset management firm in Nigeria with a focus on asset management across a broad asset class.
At ARM, our people are our main asset, and the quality of advice and solutions that they provide is the underlying reason that we are able to build and sustain lasting relationships. The quality and breadth of our client base speaks to the quality of our people.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical (Actuarial) Officer
Employment type: Full-time
- New Product Development & Product Review
- Preparation of Quotations & Proposals
- Supervision of Data Reconciliation, Validation & Analysis for Valuation
- Preparation/Review of Technical Process/Operational Manual.
- Products Pricing & Review of pricing mechanism
- Product Paper Preparation
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Product Pricing and periodic review of the pricing mechanism
- Support delivery of data to meet valuation deadlines and other investigations, including:
- All policy & asset data used for actuarial valuations
- All policy and movements data, as required for management information (MI)
- Ensure that proper documentation is created. Assist in the maintenance of a comprehensive procedures manual and key controls manual, ensuring procedures, systems and controls are correctly documented.
- Provide input to key strategic issues through provision of management information relevant to key objectives
- Weekly verification of all key transactions to ensure that PRN & CAN are issued for all payment made by the client.
- Supervision of Quarterly and full year Actuarial Data Reconciliation, Validation and Analysis
- Working with the Company’s Consulting Actuaries on Actuarial Valuation and Reinsurers on Reinsurance Matters Ensure services are delivered to key clients based on Service Level Agreement
- Develop and maintain an appropriate level of job skills. These will include actuarial techniques and computer skills, which will enhance the skill base of the team.
- Establish skills to ensure appropriate and effective communication with internal departments and external contacts.
- Mortality, morbidity, persistency and longevity investigation information
- Ensure all key accounts and other complex claims are promptly settled.
- Assist in the yearly/half-yearly calculation of economic and regulatory capital requirement of the company
- Performing experience analysis covering mortality, withdrawals, sickness, disability, and retirement rates.
- Assist in reinsurance review and optimization
- Support the group life pricing process
- Identify, recommend and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness including procedural, systems and training aspects.
- Any other job as may be assigned
- The successful candidate will be studying for the Actuarial Professional qualification (should have completed minimum of 5 CTs).
- B.Sc Degree in a numerate field
- Knowledge of data management
- An ability to analyse complex problems and results and recommend policy
- Experience & knowledge of Nigerian Life industry
- Good technical ability
- Microsoft Office products
- Good documentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online