Arik Air is a customer-focused airline that offers consistently outstanding services to both business and leisure travellers. We have earned a reputation for providing “the best care in the air”. Industry experts have awarded us for delivering outstanding services. No airline does it in the unique Arik way.
Arik Air offers opportunities for employment in administrative, professional, technical and airline-specific disciplines, irrespective of the level or area of responsibility, each employee contributes to the growth and success of our airline. We believe that individuals score goals, but ultimately “the team wins the game”.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head Internal Audit
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Direct the overall operations of the Internal Audit department on behalf of the Board Audit Committee and the Management.
- Embed minimum acceptable standards and control frameworks which meet Arik’s Internal Audit objectives.
- Ensure that Internal Audit staffs develop skills and knowledge which provide maximum value for the business, and which are relevant for career advancement.
- Conduct ad-hoc special projects as requested by the Board of Directors, Audit Committee or the CEO.
- Maintain the independence and objectivity required by internal audit functions.
- Work with Business owners to provide independent strategic support to add value and help them achieve their functional, departmental and corporate goals.
- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management controls are functioning.
- Ensure efficient and effective performance as well as monitor adherence of internal controls companywide.
- Evaluate and mitigate for all recognized corporate risks and advise management.
- Ensure projects are prioritized based on risk and exposure and assist with project appraisals.
- Create an effective and strategic direction roadmap which covers the values, mission, and objectives of Internal Audit now and in the future.
- Ensure adequate corporate governance exists to provide transparency in business practices.
- Establish quality control programmes over Internal Audit activities, and ensure departmental processes, methodologies and work flows are effective companywide (including project planning, resource management, file review, reporting, and follow up).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- MBA or other post-graduate degree is desirable.
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA/CA/ACA) specialized in auditing, financial analysis, and business process.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a senior level in auditing and/or accounting functions within aviation or a Big 4 environment.
- Corporate governance and SOX
- Airline revenue process
- Fraud prevention, exposures and detection
- Aviation supply chain
- Computer literacy (all MS Office programmes).
- Modern internal audit best practice
- Risk-based audit techniques
- Control self-assessment methodology
- Computer assisted audit techniques
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only candidates that meet the above requirements will be considered
Application Deadline 7th October, 2015.