Are you a smart and assertive individual who has built quite an impressive experience over 10years and is expecting the next level for your career? Damco Nigeria has an opportunity for you within a global business.
Job Title: Area Ocean Manager
•To define, communicate and execute the DAMCO ocean freight strategy in the Area/Countries in support of Global and Regional objectives.
• Focus on product development in sync with commercial strategies and ensure effective implementation of new business whilst sustaining the baselines.
• Accountable for developing & establishing relationships with vendors, carrier associates, port authorities at the Area level to support DAMCO’s commercial & operational requirements.
• Drive improvements in margin management practices to support countries in achieving targets whilst managing trade lane economies.
• Responsible for Ocean Volume growth & CM1 (profitability) as defined in the regional Strategy.
• Responsible for complying Global / Regional carrier MQC & allocations within the Area(s).
• Effectively manage procurement behavior and ensure balance of core carrier portfolio.
• Drive & support business development with close coordination with all commercial channels.
• Develop tender specific strategies in support of commercial efforts. Execute supporting activities incArluding procurement and special items as needed.
• Ensure that appropriate ocean commercial and financial KPI’s are employed across the business to provide timely and effective reporting to support day-to-day management of the business.
• Take an active role pricing/procurement strategy and guidelines for mid & long terms opportunities.
• Drive projects in support of improving margin and efficiency of the Product across the Area(s).
• Support countries/branches in specific ocean product needs including commercial discussions as & when required.
• Provide leadership and management to the ocean procurement teams (LCMs), driving strategy execution and product management whilst ensuring high employee morale and motivation.
• Drive continuous cost optimization & re-procurement exercise to improve the yield.
• Focus efforts on tasks that will ultimately result in improvements to performance in the key priority areas of: Profitability, Growth and Operational Excellence
• Ensure all global and regional ocean policies, procedures & guidelines are effectively implemented and adhered to in daily operations.
• Support relevant reporting requirements time to time.
• Keep an “Eye” on the market and provide effective intelligence to the larger organization.
• Ownership on local FAK & NAC deals, other than those covered by Regional / Global level, and maintaining them central repository.
• At least 10-12 years of industry experience (NVOCC, Freight forwarding, Ocean forwarding)
• Minimum 5-7 years of functional management experience.
• Ability to work and thrive in a flexible matrix organisation with focus on networking and collaboration.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
• Effective change agent with the ability to adjust change approach based on circumstances.
• Passion for service delivery and cost effectiveness – and for identifying how to constantly improve.
• Prior understanding and experience in the Africa environment is preferable.
• Ability to balance product priorities with commercial imperatives.
• Adaptability to changes in the work environment – managing competing demands and has ability to deal with frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
• Strong drive, initiative and engagement – ability to work self-directed and well organised.
• Ability to take a Global view.
• Excellent English communication skills, verbal & written
Closing date: July 15, 2015