Edgewick Holdings provides comprehensive design/build and general contracting services to corporate, institutional and developer clients. We are committed to meeting our client’s needs and exceeding their expectations by delivering quality facilities, on schedule, at the most competitive prices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Architect
Basic Responsibilities and Duties
- The Architect will be responsible for all areas relating to the creation of designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments.
- The Architect stays involved throughout the construction process, adapting their plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
- The Architect will also work closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers.
This position will also be responsible for:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- 2-3 years of experience in Architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Strong mathematical skills
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2015
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s to: [email protected]