Aquarian Consult Limited- A twenty first century (21st) Century blue-chip organization committed to providing Strategic Business Solutions that will add value and create wealth for clients.
Aquarian Consult Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager Oil & Gas Facilities
Employment type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
- Assist the Project Adviser in the drafting and issuance , of project proposals, RFQ’s, tenders, budgets, cash flows and preliminary schedules
- Prepare project organization and communication charts
- Assist the Project Adviser in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Keep the Project Adviser and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations.
- Chair site meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure clients needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Review field inspection reports from third parties throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field is required.
- Minimum of 12 years of project and construction management experience out of which 4-5 would have been spent in similar capacity in the oil and gas industry.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Develops project plans Coordinates projects Communicates changes and progress Completes projects on time and budget Manages project team activities.
- Delegates work assignments Matches the responsibility to the person Gives authority to work independently Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities Provides recognition for results.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Puts success of team above own interests
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Develops workable implementation plans
- Prepares and supports those affected by change
- Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Communicates changes effectively
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Accepts feedback from others
- Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Effectively influences actions and opinions of others
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs work flows and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skilfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Applies feedback to improve performance
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Manages competing demands
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Volunteers readily Undertakes self development activities
- Seeks increased responsibilities
- Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Takes independent actions and calculated risks
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Includes appropriate people in decision making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Uses time efficiently
- Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
- Develops realistic action plans.
- Plans for additional resources
- Sets goals and objectives
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Takes responsibility for own actions Keeps commitments
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and cover letters to: [email protected] using the job code as subject of the email
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted