International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector in developing countries.
IFC’s Young Professionals Program offers a unique opportunity to launch a global career as an investment professional helping to build the private sector in developing countries. Participants join as Associate Investment Officers or Investment Officers, depending on level of experience – responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and monitoring IFC’s loans and investments – and build their expertise through assignments in different countries, close to our clients. IFC’s approach is to combine rigorous analysis, innovative deal structuring and a focus on financial sustainability and positive development impact.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the 2015/2016 IFC’s Young Professionals Program
We are looking for current students or recent graduates of MBA or Master’s degree programs with strong financial skills, professional achievement, leadership potential and a demonstrated commitment to development.
Role of an Investment Officer
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects. In this role, your objective will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new transactions and develop innovative and appropriate financial structures
- Participate in negotiations
- Supervise project implementation, including disbursements
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues to add value to our clients’ businesses and achieve sustainable development impact
IFC is looking to recruit two levels of investment officers through the Young Professionals Program:
- Associate Investment Officer – 3 to 6 years of prior relevant work experience (investment banking, project finance, private equity, corporate finance, portfolio management, or financial consulting); and
- Investment Officer – 5 to 8 of prior relevant work experience.
- Current students or recent graduates of MBA or similar
- Experience in international finance, demonstrated leadership and passion for sustainable private sector development
- Strong analytical and credit assessment skills, as well as solid understanding of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of relevant industry sector trends
- Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills
- Ability to develop new business and effectively focus on client needs
- Enthusiasm for working in multi-cultural teams and across borders, preferably with experience working in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian) preferred
- Willingness to travel extensively and geographic flexibility
Application and Selection Process
IFC will begin accepting applications online for the IFC YP Class 2016 from August 15th through October 5th,2015.
First Round interviews are expected to take place in October and November, and Final Round Interviews in early December. Job offers to successful applicants will be extended in December/January 2015/16, and participants will join IFC in September 2016.