Bank of Industry – The Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) programme is an ambitious programme by the Bank of Industry (BOI) aimed at addressing youth unemployment in Nigeria which is currently over 50%.
Bank of Industry’s N10 Billion Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Programme
Components of the YES Programme
The YES-Programme comprises the following:
- Eight (8) weeks extensive online Entrepreneurship and Business Management training which has the ability to test participants’ understanding and track their progress.
- Five (5) days in-class Entrepreneurship and Business Management training (5 modules).
- Technical skills training in partnership with the various technical training and vocational institutes in the country.
- Financing the businesses by BOI under its SME Cluster initiative in consonance with the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Commodity-based Industrialisation Strategy.
Successful Applicants will be trained in the following areas:
- Technical Skills
- Business Management
The YES-Programme has the following broad objectives:
- To act as an incubation center where business ideas are nurtured to their full potential as well as entrenching global best practices by inculcating a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship and ethics in the programme participants.
- Promotion of self-employment among graduates of institutions of higher learning, thereby changing their job-seeking mindset.
- To deepen financial inclusion by de-risking the young aspiring entrepreneurs and making them eligible for small business loans to be provided by BOI.
- To create an interactive learning platform to train young aspiring entrepreneurs in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Technical Skills that will ultimately translate into improved efficiency and productivity.
- To kindle the entrepreneurial spirit of the youths.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the Competition you must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a Nigerian.
- Must have a viable business idea within the 40 identified clusters that is operated, or will operate in Nigeria.
- Must be within the age limits of 18 and 35. (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
- Must possess a minimum educational qualification of Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Applicant must be able to carry out the application process online.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click Here to Apply
Procedures to Complete Application
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
Check that you are qualified to apply. See the section “Who can apply?” above.
Step 2 – Register
Click the link above to register if you have not already done so
You will receive a confirmation email from YES Programme with all the details you will need to log in.
Step 3 – Complete Application
Once you have successfully registered, log in and click the “Start Application” button on the Start Application Tab on this page. To return to your application, click the “save and continue” button and come back to it at any time. Once you are done with your application, click on the “Submit” button at the end of the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application per “application cycle” (typically 3-4 months).
Step 4 – Keep Informed
After the closing date you will be notified if you have been shortlisted for the next stage of the competition. Constantly check the YES Programme homepage for regular updates.
Note: Applicants who applied for the first round but were not successful are encouraged to improve on their submissions and re-apply.
Application Deadline 17th July, 2016.