At MainOne, great ideas and thoughts find a way of becoming great products, services that turn to great customer experiences. We are perfectionists, idealists and pioneers of great products and services forever thinking of better.
We have corporate offices from Nigeria to Ghana to Portugal. International and home opportunities are available.
MainOne is a family. Join in and be a part of the change and the future that will bring about new ways the continent works and connects.
Job Title: Application Developer
The Application Developer will deploy and administer the company wide SharePoint Enterprise portal server in MainOne. The Developer shall also be responsible for developing software to meet the immediate needs of the business whenever it is cheaper and time effective to do so compared to buying and off the shelf software
Other responsibilities include:
- Automate business processes
- Ensure the business maximize the use of SharePoint for application development and business collaboration.
- Design solution based on SharePoint Enterprise platform if possible.
- Select a vendor in cases where is more economical to buy software.
- Document all software solutions developed.
- Manage the backend of the corporate website.
- Develop applications that may not be SharePoint dependent.
- Develop mobile applications where necessary for business process automation.
- Carry-out research and development.
- Monitor SharePoint Server health and make necessary changes to ensure the server is always available.
- Gather initial user requirements.
To work directly under the supervision of BI and Applications Lead Contacts. Under the supervision of the Manager, you will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments within the company, as well as the external IT support organisations
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or Equivalent
- 1-3 years’ relevant post NYSC experience required
- Knowledge of C#, PowerShell, Java and PHP programing language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self-management skills
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- Knowledge of MSSQL, MySQL, Drupal, SharePoint Server 2013, WordPress.
- Object Oriented Design.
- Knowledge of Shell scripting, Linux Ubuntu OS environment.
- Software Development Skills in
Demand on the job
Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online