Appen is a global leader in speech and search technology services. With expertise in more than 150 languages, Appen partners with leading technology and ecommerce companies as they develop new offerings and expand them to global markets. Our solutions help companies create engaging products with accurate speech interfaces and relevant content ranging from web sites, to maps, images, and merchandise.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Web Search Evaluator
Reference Code: EXT51400164-001
Project: Language Required: Hausa
- Be part of a rapidly growing global network of independent contractors working as Web Search Evaluators! If you are looking for interesting work that adapts to your lifestyle, you have come to the right place.
- Web Search Evaluators typically commit to work up to 5 flexible hours a day (Monday through Friday).
- Before a project assignment, Evaluators may need to complete a certification process of 5-30 hours over a 1-3 week period which may include training, practice and testing.
- Once accepted for a project, you must meet consistent quality standards. Superior performance will make you eligible for additional projects.
- As a Web Search Evaluator with Appen, you will be rewarded for your ability to improve internet search engine results and performance.
- We offer flexible work schedules, competitive pay, free training, and the ability to work from home.
Appen’s successful Web Search Evaluators possess:
- A passionate and avid interest in working with the Internet.
- Ability to follow instructions without allowing personal experience or sentiment to cloud judgment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and maintain accuracy in a time-sensitive environment.
- The ability to work independently with effective time management skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Excellent research skills, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Web browsers in navigating a variety of content.
- A broad interest and current knowledge of web-based culture, media, sports, news, and business.
- The flexibility and patience to learn in an environment of changing standards and tasks.
- The willingness to seek guidance and coaching when uncertain.
- Personal Windows PC or laptop that runs Windows Vista or above.
- A high-speed Internet connection
- Basic aptitude for installing applications, and troubleshooting and addressing software issues with limited support.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply