Apata & Ascott Limited, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Media Operations and Content Specialist
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces online and digital content on football, entertainment and general knowledge, expanding and showcasing the company’s online footprint. These media include videos, audio/podcasts, photos, infographics, as well as content specifically produced for posting on the company’s Facebook Page, Twitter, YouTube channels, and other social media properties.
- Create content and effectively convey information in a way that informs and persuades audiences.
- Participates regularly in online communities; monitors information posted; responds appropriately and timely.
- Regularly updates colleagues and management on trends and make recommendations for new activities.
- Tracks content creation/social media campaigns and opportunities.
- Reviews and compiles social media statistics and reports to generate measurable outcomes of online activities.
- Develop content ideas based on popular topics and/or frequently asked questions, including content targeted at specific audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned based on the needs of the department and organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ideal candidate possess a creative eye, skilled in Adwords, very creative, have a good knowledge of football and entertainment and general knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in best practices for designing effective, engaging, and persuasive content for social media.
- Experienced with publishing content on the web, Search Engine Optimization, and good knowledge of web analytics software (Google Analytics).
- Able to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects.
- A team player able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Must have experience producing high quality digital content; and be well-versed in current and emerging communication technologies.
- Must be a top-notch communicator, with excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Flexible and highly organized with great attention to detail.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience in the communications field, preferably in a digital media/communications role.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing for the web, and in the production of digital communications including filming and editing of video, production of audio, and written web content.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements to:[email protected]
Note: If selected for an interview, candidates should be prepared to submit a portfolio of work examples related to their work in the field.
Application Deadline 15th March, 2016.