AOS Orwell, an integrated indigenous oilfield services company in Nigeria offering well construction and engineering services to the oil and gas sector, has the below vacancy for suitably qualified persons to join its team.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
- Reporting to the GM Operations, this person will have overall responsibility for the scope, deliverables, resource utilization, schedule and quality of one or multiple projects.
- Direct the activities of multiple Lead Engineers, interface with customers to provide technical direction & solutions to meet project requirements.
- Enforce strict compliance with Project Management Office standards & following industry standard practices & meet customer requirements.
- Generate high productivity of team members and optimization of resource utilization through efficient engineering methods (usage of tools, templates, engineering standards).
- Ensure team meets work hours estimates & support productivity programs to improve efficiency.
- This includes the responsibility for customer satisfaction, improving profit margin, and for overall management of projects from initial conception through to project completion. Planning, Scheduling, Measuring, Monitoring & Control of Engineering work.
- Responsible for Integrated Control and Safety System (mainly DCS, SIS, FGS and SCADA as well) Head Technical/Engineering Management functions and related contractual aspects of Project scope.
- Deliver Technical compliance to the customer & project requirements/specifications and AOSO QMS requirements for the Project scope.
- Manage and mentor the team of engineers assigned for projects and ensure high quality deliverables
- Responsible for development of personnel through training, coaching, and work assignments.
- Evaluate and identity solutions to improve overall project profitability.
- Stay abreast of technical changes and trends in the assigned market industry and apply new knowledge to duties as appropriate.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Authorised to stop work processes at any time it is believed quality is being compromised.
- Drive lessons learned, sharing, Standard Design templates development & knowledge management in general as well productivity improvements & areas of improvement.
- Provide engineering scope status report to the Department Manager/Project Manager.
- Deliver complete System engineering, documentation, FAT/IFAT, Start-up & successful commissioning at site.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with project personnel, support corporate policies, conduct goal setting and performance reviews for assigned personnel.
- Engineering Graduate (Electronics/Instrumentation) with 15 or more years experience in Industry with at least 5-6 years of proven track record in Engineering Management functions with strong leadership and team building capability, in addition to sound knowledge of Instrumentation and Control/Safety Systems design and engineering.
- Familiar with Design control, and Resource Management, DCS/SIS requirements, Safety system specification, networking standards etc.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional/multi-cultural teams, participating in resource planning processes, and human resource development
- Highly customer focused, able to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of engineers/technicians in fast paced multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive objectives to meet internal customer expectations.
- Proven ability to develop systems level knowledge to effectuate cross-team communication.
- Ability to build a world-class team through effective management, coaching, mentoring, feedback, and discipline when appropriate.
- Leadership, self-starter, with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage resources and projects remotely.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 30th November, 2015.