Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team
members have in common.
We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen
Job Title: People and Culture Coordinator
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a People and Culture Coordinator to work with the People and Culture team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support for Andela Lagos across all functional areas, including non-Fellows recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, compensation, HRIS, and training.
As the People and Culture Coordinator, you will:
- Work with the People and Culture team to develop People systems in assigned functional areas, e.g. Orientation Program, Recruitment Program (non-Fellows), Benefits Program, etc.
- Co-assist and co-own with production of deliverables for People strategy development and initiatives.
- Work with the People and Culture team for development of systems approach to support various People programs.
- Study and analyze market and data trends and use this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, systems or programs.
- Work with the People and Culture team to ensure day-to-day operations of People-related functions are addressed in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Provide regular briefings to the People and Culture team on benefit matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advise management accordingly.
- Under the direction of the People and Culture Lead, coordinate Andela Lagos non-Fellows recruitment process and work with team members to ensure a smooth process flow from identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Assist in developing job descriptions and maintaining all job descriptions of staff.
- Ensure conformity with recruitment requirements and compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the preparation of vacancy announcements in consultation with the People and Culture Lead
- Review and screen applicants for basic compliance with position qualifications, summarizes CVs for easier evaluation by the departmental heads.
- Provide specialist employee relations advice and guidance with particular respect to disciplinary, grievance and absence, to ensure acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Support the effective implementation of all employee welfare schemes including the Staff Group Life Assurance Scheme, the Health Insurance scheme and the Pension scheme. Liaise closely with benefits and pension administrators on behalf of management.
- Assist in coordinating and/or conducting training workshops to Lagos staff on such topics as supervisory skills, performance assessments, effective interviewing, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 years of relevant experience. Or MS/MA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Certified member of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management or related body is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work-flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Nigerian labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela Nigeria.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply