The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for an Executive Assistant. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Executive Assistant – School of Arts and Science
Department: School of Arts and Science
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Executive Assistant to the Dean, School of Arts and Science is charged with the responsibility of providing high-level administrative support in accordance with AUN Policies and Procedures, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions which include but are not limited to preparing correspondence, travels, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. The Executive Assistant shall also relieve the Dean of administrative detail by coordinating work flow within the department, setting up “tickler” system and setting up an “exception reporting” system to handle routine tasks without supervision. Also, the Executive Assistant shall routinely re-order office supplies.
- A good first degree in management, sociology or related discipline from a recognized University
- Should possess Strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- A minimum of three years post NYSC experience working as an executive assistant
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, creates / implements actions plans and monitor progress towards goals.
- Skill in typing/word processing and use of personal computer/software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to[email protected] before the closing date of this publication.
The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.americanuniversitynigeria.org
Closing Date: 16th March, 2016