The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University.
Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
AUN, Yola, is seeking for suitable qualified candidate to fill the position below. This position is a local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Academic Administrator
Department: New Foundation School
Summary of Position
- The Academic Administrator New Foundation School is charged with the responsibility of ensuring efficient and effective management of the New Foundation School Academic Program in line with international best practices. These duties shall include but not limited to planning, development, coordination, and implementation of academic curriculum involving co-curricular as well as extracurricular activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission of the American University of Nigeria.
- A Post Graduate Diploma and Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized tertiary institution in either English, Engineering, Mathematics, or Science; plus 5 years increasingly responsible teaching and academic administrative experience OR any equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to successful lead and manage teaching staff.
- University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Secondary school to national university testing procedures i.e. JAMB, WAEC, NECO.
- Office administration principles and practices.
- Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen.
- Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
- Skill in coordinating with university and secondary school colleagues.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with high level efficiency.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to represent the AVP’s Office in a professional manner
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes/CV’s, cover letters and references to:[email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 30th May, 2016.