The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for Software Support Engineers. This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Software Support Engineers
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position is charged with the responsibility of supporting all information systems deployed at AUN through all planning, development and operation phases. Monitors, analyses, and solves application service requests. Installs, modifies, upgrades, and optimizes information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field as well as two (2) years’ experience of User support (hardware or software or both).
- Web Administration knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of AUN supported applications
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues relevant to OpenERP software modules including Finance, Admissions, Faculty, Students, HR, Library, and Works & Maintenance.
- SQL Server databases, SQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Windows OS, Windows Server, LINUX (UBUNTU), UNIX
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team to achieve results within set deadlines.
- Set and convey clear goals and monitor progress.
- Good management skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and business terms.
- Must possess high level of enthusiasm and be a strong team player.
- Attention to quality and detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and on weekends to deliver time-sensitive projects.
- Must possess the intellectual capacity to break down a problem or situation into its component parts, identifying implications, timeframes and sequences.
- Ability to easily establish and build relationships with all stakeholders.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to [email protected]before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22nd August, 2016
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.