Alphastar Paints Industries Limited is a paint manufacturing company based in Elebele Road, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. The Company was incorporated on the 20th day of October, 2010 and began operation in January, 2011.
The company was originally set up to manufacture and distribute paints within the local market in the Port Harcourt area. Having achieved success in this area, further investments was made in order to build capacity and capabilities to enable the company manufacture specialty paints and develop a network for distribution across other geopolitical zones in Nigeria as well as the West African sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Sales Representative
- Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products.
- Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Participates in trade shows and conventions.
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers’ value to the organization.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Identifies advantages and compares organization’s products.
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years Sales/Canvassing experience preferably in the manufacturing sector.
- B.Sc/HND in any discipline, 2.2 above.
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s to: [email protected] using preferred location as subject of the email.