Alexander Nelson – We are a human resources firm dedicated to helping our clients find, grow and retain the best talent in the global marketplace.
We challenge ourselves everyday to go beyond our client’s expectations in providing them with world class consulting and human capital development services.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT MANAGER, FACILITIES
Effective Procurement of goods and services in accordance with procurement
Guidelines and maintaining a high level of communication and liaison with the
company suppliers and users.
DUTIES: to include but not be limited to the following
- Prepare tender documents and request for proposals (RFPs) for contractors, supervise and coordinate contractors to achieve company facilities management standards,
- Investigate the availability and suitability of property options at the request of the company clients,
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods/services and make recommendations to procurements unit to achieve maximum value for money,
- Assist in planning for future Real Estate Developments in line with strategic business objectives and make recommendations to the design group with respect to developments,
- Assist in managing and leading Facility Management officers to ensure minimum disruption to site activities,
- Act as the company’s representative and liaise with tenants of designated properties,
- Direct and plan essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, power (PHCN, Generators), water treatment, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and any other common services,
- Ensure thatthe company’s properties or building projects meet health and safety requirements for the industries served.
- Make recommendations to best allocate or utilize spaces and resources for new buildings or re-organise existing premises,
- Inspect and certify work carried out by staff or contractors to ensure they meet the highest quality standards and follow up on any deficiencies,
- Be responsible for recruiting, training and managing Site Operation Supervisors and Technicians to deliver on the company’s strategic goals for its property portfolio,
- Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and act as lead on improvement; responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification
- working knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration
- working knowledge of financial principles and practices
- working knowledge of human resource management principles and practices
- working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- working knowledge of procurement and contracts
- sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations
- experience in maintenance and all facets of facility operation
- supervisory experience
- solid computer and systems knowledge
- communication skills
- planning and organizational skills
- negotiation skills
- problem analysis
- customer service orientation
- team work
- ability to work under pressure
- leadership and people skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply