Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Job Title: Brand Manager -Youth Segment
This role would lead the creative development, planning and execution of all Brand and Communication initiatives for the Youth segment within the framework of an agreed strategy, meeting operational targets for TOMA,Revenue, profitability and increased brand equity.
Brand Management to improve TOMA, MOUB, ITR, ITP and Bonding scores for Airtel brand in the Youth Segment.
- Full ownership of the annual brand planning and budgeting process for activities targeted at the Youth segment.
- Articulate branding strategy for Airtel Youth segment.
- Define communication platforms and review creative materials for all media channels that drive young consumers to make Airtel their first choice
- Provide strategic brand support and make recommendations on brand building initiatives per region in order to drive brand performance for products and services targeted at the youth segment.
- Lead development of operational details of approved annual brand plans.
- Custodian of the Brand Design Guidelines to ensure all agency partners, suppliers, regional sales teams and internal audiences follow the guidelines and ensure consistency across channels, markets, zones and regions.
- Achieving cross-functional co-operation in all brand related activities creating a smooth flow of brand information company-wide, thereby ensuring satisfaction scoring by internal and external customers.
- Ensure that brand presentations in all channels and in all regions are consistent.
- Collaborate with Sales and regional teams to develop and deploy effective trade communication materials.
- Campaign Development and Execution
- Brand Performance and Campaign Evaluation
- Optimization of Brand and Communication Budget
- Agency Management
Campaign Development and Execution
- Constantly review the conventional media and digital media consumption habits of Young subscribers to ensure that campaigns are developed and deployed in line with consumer orientation.
- Efficient management of the brief-to-break process with the agency.
- Ownership and management of Brand creative materials.
- Actively manage the Guard Book (hard copy and electronic format) to keep record of own and competitor advertising.
- Collation and proper dissemination of needed campaign product information (both internal and external) to achieve seamless synergy in all Brand related matters.
- Provide guidance to the traditional media manager and digital marketing manager on the required media support & mix per campaign to optimize campaign performance in line with outlined objectives
- Provide support to the Trade Marketing team through timely provision of required branding collateral and make recommendation on POS elements to drive performance in the trade channel.
Brand Performance & Campaign Evaluation
- Track, report and analyze brand performance on a monthly and quarterly basis; identify gaps and make recommendations as required.
- Prepare campaign pre & post evaluation briefs and partner with the research team as required to ensure identified targets are met for every campaign.
Optimization of the Brand and Communication Budget
- Ensure quality standards are met within reasonable cost production boundaries in an efficient manner which does not compromise stipulated timelines in line with Supply Chain Processes.
- Finance and SCM information management, e.g. Operating Expenses Approval Forms , Purchase Orders etc.
- Budget control and management and tracking to ensure budget optimization and no overspend
- Reporting and collation of all departmental accruals for the month to ensure timely delivery to finance.
- Conduct regular financial reconciliation with the Agency to ensure timely payments (agency fees and other ancillary commitments)
- Directly manage the advertising agencies and ensure superlative output and turnaround time on all projects.
- Ensure regulatory compliance on all advertising materials and keep Airtel on the good side of the related regulatory bodies
- Conduct Quarterly agency evaluations and prepare required documentation for cascade to all stakeholders.
- He/She is required to work with the following internal and external customers:
- Internal Customers
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Experience
- Regional Marketing Managers
- Sales & Distribution Team
- Legal & Regulatory
- External Customers
- Creative Agency
- Digital Agency
- Internal Customers
Desired Skills and Experience
- A University degree.
- MBA /Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
- Digital Marketing savvy
- Strong in use of MS Suite
- 5-7 years Brand Management & Media experience
- Project Management .
- Able to analyze market/consumer data and develop action plans therefrom.
- Good creative judgment skills.
- Strong in writing Project Documents/Briefs
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Ability to influence decision among key contacts.
- Achieving Business Success and relationship management.
- Delighting customers
- Proactive with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated experience in developing creative brand collateral
- Understanding the rudiments of brand mangement and execution
- Use of media and brand activation tools/techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Very familiar with trends among Youths
- Project Management qualification will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply