The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist Field Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Be aware of the political, economic, cultural, religious situation and informs of any updates to the Head of Sub Delegation
- Assumes main responsibility for implementing the Agro programme in area of operation with minimum supervision
- Participates in implementing and monitoring the various components of the EcoSec program
- Provides written reports (technical) on field visits, assessments, agricultural activities, trainings and general progress of the program
- Monitors agricultural issues in the field and promptly report any disease emergencies to the EcoSec delegates
- Contributes to the implementation and running of the agro interventions as a part of EcoSec program
- University degree (Agronomy)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Willingness to travel extensively and to participate in extended field trips
- 3-4 years work experience in a similar field, previous humanitarian / NGO experience an asset
- Very good understanding of the socio-political situation in the area of assignment
- Very good analytical and organizational skills
- Stress resistant and ready to work in adverse environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate “Agronomist Field Officer” as the subject of your application.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 9th October, 2015, 16:30 h.