Abt Associates, a global leader in research and program implementation, is recruiting a agricultural economist as consultants to support an endline impact evaluation of the AgResults Aflasafe Project, a multi-year effort to stimulate the market through aflatoxin control. Work is anticipated to begin in early 2016.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Agricultural Economist Job Opening At Abt Associates.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Agricultural Economist
- Review the qualitative data collection protocol provided by the Qualitative Specialist
- Confer with the Qualitative Specialist to identify maize value chain players to interview
- Participate in training on the relevant data collection instruments
- Contact, request interviews, travel to their places of business, and implement interviews with maize value chain players identified in conjunction with the Qualitative Specialist
- Enter data from the interviews into provided templates and transmit to the Qualitative Specialist
- Assist in the resolution of questions that might arise following the Qualitative Specialist’s review of the data
- Other tasks, as assigned
- Masters in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Rural Sociology, or related discipline with at least five years of experience
- 2-3 years of experience in conducting qualitative research (key Informant interviews, focus groups, small-sample surveys, etc.) survey in a developing country
- Conceptual foundation in subsector analysis, value chain analysis, structure-conduct-performance, industrial organization, and/or experience in conducting surveys addressing rural livelihoods, agriculture, gender, private-sector development issues
- Demonstrable understanding of approaches to ensure rigor and scientific validity of data collected through qualitative methods
- Excellent written and communication skills in English.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2015
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and summary of relevant qualification to:[email protected]