The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a Network of public health training institutions in Africa that seeks to strengthen manpower to enhance health systems on the continent. AFENET is a not-for-profit organization which works closely with Ministries of Health in member countries to develop sustainable programs and capacity to strengthen field epidemiology and ensure healthier lives for Africans.
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Internal Audit
Location: AFENET Secretariat – Kampala
- Responsible for the Internal Audit function; establishing and strengthening internal controls and compliance
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of the formal risk management and internal control framework for the network
- Contribute to the organization’s strategic initiatives to accomplish organization’s objectives through the audit function
- Lead the development and implementation of an effective compliance and internal audit structure including internal control policies and procedures.
- Establish risk-based plans to determine the internal audit activity’s priorities.
- Provide technical advice to the Organization’s Board, management team and the entire network on audit matters.
- Perform special investigations on any matters risky to the organization’s functionality to logical conclusion and offer guidance on mitigation.
- Draw reports on engagement observations and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing cost.
- In-charge of monitoring and coordinating the implementation of the annual audit plan, as approved; including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by management and the finance and audit committee.
- Keep the Finance and Audit committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing.
- In charge of external audit scheduling and offer guidance to the Board and management on implementation of recommendations and corrective action.
- Monitor and coordinate the implementation of the annual plan as approved, including as appropriate any special tasks or projects requested by the Board’s Finance and Audit committee.
- Offer guidance on conduct of reviews of assigned organisational and functional activities.
- To evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the management controls over those activities.
- To determine whether organisational units are performing their planning, accounting, custodial, risk management or control activities in compliance with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures and in a manner consistent with both organisational objectives and high standards of administrative practice.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Possession of CISA certification is an added advantage
- Have strong track record in internal audit, fraud investigations and evaluation of systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of practical use of financial accounting soft wares like SUN systems is a preferred advantage.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in internal audit function working with reputable organizations
- Experience with NGOs is a preferred advantage.
- A certified member of ACCA, CPA or CIA.
AFENET offers a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume, Application letter, and relevant documentation to:
The Administration & Human Resource Office,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET),
Send to: email@example.com
Note: Only successful candidates shall be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline 5:30pm (EAT); Friday, 15th July, 2016.