The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade.
The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors.
The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations which confers the status of an international organisation on the Bank, as well as a charter, governing its corporate structure and operations and signed by all shareholders.
The Bank is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt and currently operates branches in Harare, Zimbabwe (opened in November 1996); in Abuja, Nigeria (opened in January 2003); in Abidjan, Ivory Coast (opened in 2015) and Nairobi, Kenya (in 2015).
African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is currently hiring the below position based at their office in Abuja, Nigeria:
Job Title: Regional Manager (Anglophone West Africa)
The position holder will be required to draw up the annual strategic and marketing plans for the geographic region and lead the implementation of the plans for the achievement of the Bank’s objectives in these areas. The position holder will also be required to supervise Client Relations Managers and Associates and identify the Bank’s key/core customers in each region and draw up Account Management Plans for the top 20 customers in Branch for the purpose of maximizing cross selling of the Bank’s products and services.
- Manages a portfolio of clients with deliberate cultivation based on proactive individualized plans. These plans would be developed in coordination with the product teams and should be designed to increase client engagement ;
- Ensures the branch provides is customer centric and provides an impeccable client service to each client or government organization. This includes timely turn around in terms of responses to client inquiries;
- Producing call reports and file notes after any client meetings, summarising any additional actions required, including follow-up calls and reviewing call reports produced by team members;
- Sales activity planning, including reviewing existing customer files to identify sales opportunities;
- Undertaking commercial negotiations;
- Managing new business pitches;
- Compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organisational policies and professional codes;
- Preparation of an annual Regional Strategic and Marketing Plans derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Leading implementation of marketing plans as approved by the Bank and actively securing mandates and business in the region;
- Implementing strategies for entering various segments of the trade finance market and investment banking in the region;
- Leads Branch Client Relations team members to accomplish functional goals to ensure high level client service. This includes coaching team members;
- Deal team coordination across the Bank’s products and geographies;
- Generate bankable leads through anticipating customer needs and finding out what information, products or services the customer requires to meet his/her needs, providing clear, accurate and relevant information;
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of client portfolios / products with the Bank;
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority;
- Evaluating and reviewing new business Pre-Assessment Memos and Credit Proposals from the region, Product teams and Head Office and making recommendations on the same to Director Client Relations;
- Representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known;
- Managing staff in the Client Relations regional staff;
- Managing staff, Bank’s assets and property at the Branch in liaison with the Administrative Services Department;
- Maintaining and improving the Bank’s image across the continent; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese); and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a leading financial services organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Pandora Buchanan at [email protected]
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.