African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas, all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Job Title: Senior HR Administrative Assistant – CHRM.2
- Grade: GS-8
- Position N°: 50001408
- Reference: ADB /16/058
- Publication date: 08/04/2016
- Closing date: 01/05/2016
- Country: Côte d’Ivoire
The HR Administration section is part of the Shared Services Division (CHRM2) in the Human Resources Management Department (CHRM). Within the framework of the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and policies in use in the Bank, this section prepares all HR administrative processes related to staff including holders of special contract employment contracts, staff internal mobility and separation.
Under the immediate supervision of the HR Administration Section Head and the overall supervision of the Division Manager, CHRM.2, the incumbent is assigned a moderate range of technical and administrative assignments in the HR Administration Team. He/She is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks related to personnel administration.
1. Provide administrative support to Personnel administration and HR processes by:
- Tracking staff movements within and outside the Bank
- Maintaining and updating information on probation periods and fixed-term contracts of staff members
- Manage statistics on staff mobility/Staff transfers
- Provide administrative support to the management of Technical Assistants /Project Staff/Secondees
- Promotions (Salary/Grade/Adjustments)
- Employment terminations and all types of departures from the services of the Bank
- Personal data changes & Administration of defendants
2. Provide support on recruitment logistics
3. Make travel arrangements with Support Services division (CGSP.3) by requesting air-tickets, payments of per diem, making hotel reservations and arranging protocol services with Protocol and Conference division(SGPC) and assistance upon candidate arrival
4. Liaise with Restaurants/Suppliers for the provision of lunch packs and make coffee breaks reservations
5. Maintain database on assumption of duties of new staff – Headquarters (HQ)/Regional Resource Centers (RRCs)/Field Offices (FOs)
6. Follow assumption of duty process for newly recruited staff members
7. Follow up on medical certificate after clearance by the Bank Medical Doctor
8. Make hotel reservations for new staff member and family
9. Prepare requests for reimbursement expenses encountered by candidates / new staff members
10. Maintain regular communication with the Recruitment Team prior to assumption of duty of new staff regarding various inquiries and assist with transition issues.
11. Welcome new staff members upon arrival and provide assistance with transition in collaboration with the Orientation Team
12. Perform day-to-day office management functions;
13. Provide administrative support to Team Members/HR Business Partners
14. Provide administrative support for Short Term Staff services – Initial Contracts/Contract Renewals/Attestations
15. Provide support to the recruitment of the Bank’s Young Professional Program(YPP)
16. Assumption of Duty (Bank Staff, Project Staff, Secondees and Technical Assistants)
17. Draft a variety of HR reports in different HR business areas as may be required by the Division Manager/Director
18. Provide assistance to other colleagues across the Department in the accomplishment of the Division/Department’s tasks when required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and /or in English.
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software (SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
- Good typing skills are highly desirable with excellent levels of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit and discretion/confidentiality and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively relevant and practical experience
- Good planning and monitoring skills will be highly desirable.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational skills, ability to multitask, attention to details and ability to work with a diverse workforce.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply