African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Learning and Development Assistants, CHRM.3
The Human Resources Policy Programmes and Strategy Division (CHRM.3) is responsible and implementing staff development and training plans to ensure that the Bank staff at all times the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies and that are continuously being developed for performance excellence in their current job future responsibilities.
The Learning and Development function has grown tremendously in the Bank in the past few years. In 2016, this role has expanded with the approval of the AfDB Academy. The Learning and Development Assistants will support the delivery of learning and training in the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and of the Division Manager; overall supervision of the Chief Learning and Development Officer, the incumbent will carry out the following duties:
- Learning and Development Administration:
- Draft simple learning concepts notes and reports.
- Organize attendance of new staff to the induction program; this will involve matching new starters to events, sending out invitations, monitoring responses and updating attendance records.
- Organize attendance of other compulsory Bank learning events for all Bank staff.
- Assist in handling of learning and development applications.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating the team’s library of training providers and training resources.
- Ensure the establishment, safe storage and appropriate disposal of centrally held learning and development files.
- Support the On-Boarding Coordinator in the delivery of Inductions and On-Boarding events
- Assist with the provision of administrative support for the development and dissemination of induction and on-boarding information to all new staff, including web based materials and welcome events.
- Assist in undertaking learning and training needs analysis for the Bank.
- Assist in the development of annual learning and development plans.
- Support the design, co-ordination and maintenance of evaluation records.
- Support the learning team in carrying out longer term evaluation activities across the Bank.
- Assist the Chief Learning and Development Officer and other Officers with research/projects as appropriate.
- Support broader learning and development activities in the Bank.
- Training Event Administration:
- Setup rooms for training events including arranging coffee breaks and lunches when necessary; changing the layout of furniture, ensuring all required equipment are in place.
- Provide delegated support to external service providers.
- Prepare training event materials e.g. evaluation forms, delegate lists and any other materials agreed in advance.
- Ensure timely distribution of electronic training handouts to all participants.
- Manage staff attendances, absences at learning and training events and collate the data for required action .e.g. cost recovery.
- Keep track of daily learning, training and development expenditure by supporting the Chief Learning and Development Officer in analyzing L&D spend across the organization by collating expenses by complexes and field offices.
- Contribute actively towards team and organizational objectives in line with the business needs of the section and the division.
- Support to E-learning:
- Support in the storage and update of staff learning historical records.
- Provide hands on – support to the e-learning team.
- Assist the development of web graphics.
- Assist in development of graphics for the marketing of the KLMS in the Bank.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of learning and development pages of the Intra-net.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Licence / BAC +3) or its equivalent in any Arts, Social Sciences, Computer Applications, Web Applications or Graphic Designs. A certification or training in learning design and implementation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Projects); knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
- Practical experience in administration of knowledge and training is desirable.
- Advance IT skills with the ability to design graphics, web pages and update information on the Intranet is a requirement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: This position is for a short term staff service contract (STS). This is not a regular position of the African Development Bank. The contract for this assignment is for a period of three (3) months renewable up to one year, based on the incumbent’s performance and the Institution’s needs.
Application Deadline 26th February, 2016.