At GRM, We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
We are Recruiting for :
Job Position : Accountability and Advocacy Advisor
The Accountability and Advocacy Advisor will be based at the programme headquarters in Kano with regular travel to MNCH2 States, to monitor and oversee the Accountability, Advocacy and Evidence strategy, and make sure it is developed and rolled out successfully to achieve indicator outputs. The Maternal, New-born and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
Essential education and experience
- Experience working effectively with LGA, State and Federal level authorities.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with existing accountability mechanisms (especially at community level) in Northern Nigeria.
- A post-graduate degree in public health or a relevant field
- 10 years experience of working on large international development programmes in the area of accountability, governance and advocacy in the health sector.
- At least 3 years experience providing expertise in the area of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, and/or institutional strengthening
- Experience with the development of accountability and advocacy strategies, and in having a leading role in the implementation of these strategies.
- A sound understanding of core social development concepts, such as voice, accountability, rights-based approaches, gender, equity and social inclusion and/or citizen participation.
- Experience of working in complex political environments, and a sound knowledge of the Nigerian context in terms of MNCH data generation, and use of MNCH data for advocacy and planning processes.
- A commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services.
- Being both an excellent leader and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work to deadlines
- In depth understanding of the political, social, economic, and cultural context of Northern Nigeria.
- A commitment to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children, alongside routine immunisation
How To Apply: : click here