Teclab Management Services Limited – Our Client, a leader in the media and entertainment Industry with branches all over the country, seeks to employ the services of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer / Secretary
Locations: Lagos, PH, Abuja, Yenegoa, Ibadan, Warri, Enugu, Uyo, Calabar, Kaduna, Owerri, Makurdi, Ekiti and Yola
Repots To: Manager
The successful candidate’s specific functions include:
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Supervises the work of employees in supporting roles, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
- Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the principal.
- Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
- Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of University policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
- Coordinates the disposition and/or resolution of individual problems and disputes involving faculty, staff, students, and/or members of the general public, as they arise.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Qualification: Minimum B.Sc in any related field.
- Experience: Relevant 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of human resources administration principles and practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to public academic institutions.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and credentials to:
Note: All applications should have very specific SUBJECTS: E.g. Administrative Officer – Yenegoa.
Application Deadline 6th November, 2015.