The U.S. Embassy in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the following position.
Subject: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Location: LAGOS – HEALTH UNIT (HU)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant, FSN-07/FP-07* OPENING DATE: March 02, 2016
CLOSING DATE: March 16, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N4,766,721 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM – US$41,206
EFM/MOH – US$35,364 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-07*
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.
The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Health Unit.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as Administrative Assistant to the Medical Provider, Regional Medical Lab Scientist (RMLS) and the nurses in the medical unit. S/he serves as liaison between the medical unit and other departments of the mission and the regional posts.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- College or University studies with at least two years of Secretarial studies, Business Administration, Education, Social Sciences, Arts, Human Nutrition, or Dietetics, is required.
- Good Knowledge of most professional medical terminology is required.
- Incumbent must exhibit empathy, maturity, stability, resourcefulness, adaptability and sound judgment towards a wide variety of customers. Including understanding of privacy and medical confidentiality is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in Secretarial, Administrative or related work experience in a medical environment is required.
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Submit Application to: [email protected]
Point of Contact: Tel: 09-461-400009-461-4000 Ext 4261
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.