Sightsavers is a highly respected international development organization working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people.
We work with local partners in developing countries to tackle the main causes of avoidable blindness including cataract, and a group of diseases that have been coined ‘neglected tropical diseases’ such as river blindness and trachoma. Sightsavers is expanding its office Annex to Abuja Federal Capital Territory Abuja (FCT) Nigeria and we are looking for highly motivated and skilled person to Support the Abuja Office:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT) Federal Capital Territory Nigeria
The role is for 2 years on a fixed term basis
- The Administrative Assistant will be a member of the Sightsavers Nigeria Country Office and will report to the Nigeria Country Office Finance and Support Services Manager.
- The Administrative Assistant would be responsible for the day-to-day administrative management and support services at the Nigeria Country Office (NCO) annex office Abuja FCT and also provide support for The Regional institutional Funding Manager and Global Technical Lead- Eye Health.
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities
- Management of the NCC) annex office Abuja FCT
- Management of contract with landlord, Security Company, IT consultant, cleaning company and relevant suppliers and ensuring effective supervision of security staff
- Overseeing the payment of utility bills; electricity, water and waste.
- Administers petty cash and ensure that all payments are duly authorized and supported with appropriate receipts and Signatures
- Assist with processing vouchers for payment as appropriate
- Assist teams with all administrative aspects of external meetings including confirmations, registration and other materials required
- Assist the Admin Officer with follow up for accommodation and logistics support for staff on official mission to Abuja
- National Diploma or Higher tertiary qualification from recognized institution in Administration/Management or equivalent professional
- At least 3-5 years’ working experience in administrative role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Download Application Form
These 2 (Two) Separate documents should be completed and sent to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th September, 2015