Adamawa State University, Mubi invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian, a Principal Officer, is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the Coordination of the Library services in the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate for the post of University Librarian must have a good second class honours degree.
- Masters and Ph. D degrees in relevant field from recognized institution(s), professional qualification, academic excellence, quality publications and teaching and credible community services.
- The person must have had at least ten (10) years post-qualification experience in a reputable University Library, comparable Institution or research Institute.
- He/she must be a person with leadership qualities, high integrity and unquestionable character and an outstanding manager of men and resources.
- An applicant should not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian.
- In addition, he/she should be computer literate and show evidence of considerable scholarship and understanding of the application of new technologies of library operations and services.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications and fifteen (15) copies of signed current Curriculum Vitae giving the following information:
- Full names, current postal address, permanent home address (Not P.O. Box or PMB).
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of origin
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail address and GSM Number
- Educational institutions attached with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Details of previous and current appointments with dates
- List of Publications with detailed titles, publisher, and dates
- Honours, Distinctions, and Membership of Professional Societies
Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one (1) of whom must be the Chief Executive/Head of Department of the Applicants present employer.
The envelope should be marked “Application for the post of University Librarian” to be addressed to:
Adamawa State University,
Adamawa State – Nigeria.
Candidates should please request their Referees to forward reports attesting to his/her character, integrity and capability to the post applied for, in a sealed envelope and marked “Confidential”
Note: Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 13th June, 2016