Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally.
Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MSE Support Specialist
Tracking Code: 109-112
Location: Kano, Nigeria
Department: Private Sector Development
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Reporting to: Kano State Lead
MAFITA is a 6-year DFID-funded programme working in Nigeria’s northern states, with a vision to empower marginalised youths and women through provision of increased economic opportunities and social inclusion. MAFITA is currently recruiting for a number of new positions.
- Northern Nigeria has high-youth unemployment, insecurity and limited of economic opportunities. This reality can lead to extremism and instability. Marginalised groups, such as adolescent women and the Almajirai are particularly hard-hit.
- MAFITA will partner with public and private stakeholders to improve access to relevant and quality training, mentorship, work experience, business development, and financial services for marginalised youths and women. The programme will also support local market systems to enable the absorption of MAFITA’s target beneficiaries into sustainable income-generating activities.
- MAFITA aims to lead 68,000 marginalised young people – with a particular emphasis on adolescent girls and Almajirai – to gainful employment. By 2021, the program will create a net total of 43,300 full-time equivalent jobs and assisting 23,500 micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The project will tackle the supply and demand side of the labour market, focusing on the delivery of skills essential for employment, as well as the absorptive capacity of the labour market.
- The MSE (Micro & Small Enterprise) Support Specialist will work with the MSE Manager to support transformative MSEs to create growth and employment opportunities for Mafita- supported youth.
- The MSE component includes the formulation and implementation of state policies and strategies for MSE support and job creation, and provision of relevant, quality business development services and access to finance to Mafita’s beneficiaries.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Support Kano state government in formulation of MSE support and job creation policies and strategies
- Develop and implement effective and affordable financial services for MSEs and new entrepreneurs
- Establish an effective broker system at selected trade associations for provision of BDS and financial services to members and new start-ups.
- Develop and implement effective business development services for MSEs and new start-up entrepreneurs
- Interested applicants must have experience working in the skills sector and must comply with requirements.
Duration and Location
- This is a full time position, commencing on the 4th January 2016 with anticipated 440 days of input until 4th January 2018.
- The consultant will be based in the Kano project office with some travel to the focal states; Kaduna and Katsina, with Jigawa in the long-run.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Due to the volume of applications received by Adam Smith International, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application Deadline 31st December, 2015.