ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa.Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Impact Assessment & Shared Learning (IASL) Advisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts/Humanities or Social Sciences is essential
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field is desirable.
- At least five years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems as well as Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) is essential.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector is essential.
- Experience in community based work and use of various participatory M&E tools is desirable.
- Experience working with international development organisations is desirable.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines,
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications in MSWord attachment to:[email protected]
- Only Electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Subject line of emails must state clearly the Name of Applicant and Job Title of position applied for e.g. “Ibrahim, Joy: IASL Advisor, Abuja”
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
- Interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2015.