Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security & Livelihoods Deputy Program Manager
- The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Deputy Program Manager will primarily be responsible for managing and implementing the USAID/Food For Peace funded PROTECT IDP response in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- From May to December 2015, FFP will provide 2000 IDP and vulnerable host households with support to implement micro gardening in their settlements and camps, and 4750 IDP and vulnerable host households with food assistance, and nutrition behavior change communication training in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Provide support to ACF’s Emergency Program Manager (EPM) to implement the FFP program.
- Manage field teams within food security & livelihoods sub sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all FSL interventions.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of technical activities under food security & livelihood subsector.
- Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA level and at state level when required.
- Degree in FSL related studies e.g. agro-economy, natural resource management, anthropology, etc.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Good relational qualities
- Good knowledge of techniques and agricultural/animal health production systems
- Good knowledge of implementing projects
- Capacity to write high quality reports
- Previous team management and activity planning experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA)
- Analytical capacity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application by email to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line. For example, “Food Security & Livelihoods Deputy Program Manager-Borno”.
- Applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.