Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The main objective of this role is to support the Logistics Manager/ Head of Base in all procurement activities within the ACF Nigeria mission.
- Throughout the procurement process, he/she will prepare an collect all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- Support Logistics Supply Chain, review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process
- Support line manager in negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts
- Supervision of Delivery issues
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- The Procurement Officer should be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work/activities.
- The Procurement Officer is expected to conduct all duties in a professional manner following ACF Nigeria mission staff regulations and charter.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in procurement and/or logistics position.
- Some experience in supervising Staff.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Rigorous, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Professional level of English.
- Ability to work in complex environment and can bear the work load.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Job Title: Base Logistician
- Manage the logistics supply chain.
- Management of equipment, communication means and the vehicle fleet.
- Manage the Base Logistics Team and follow HR related issues.
- Reporting activities.
- Manage all rehabilitation and maintenance for Office and premises.
- Ensure proper security of office, warehouse, guest-house and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Logistics, supply chain management, or related field
- Minimum of 4 years work experience required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Expert User of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to manage and follow work plans
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Ability to think outside the box in problem management
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Fluent in English
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and receive effective feedback, be a team player
- Ability to manage stress effectively, and juggle competing priorities
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in supervisory position an asset
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset
- Proficient in IT and networking technology
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should submit their Application by email to: email@example.com
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title in the email subject line, or on the application envelope.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, no phone calls or follow-ups will be entertained