Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Surveillance Specialist
Location: Maduguri, Nigeria
Duration: 3 months
Start Date: 15-Dec-2015
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
- Providing your expertise in Nutrition Surveillance in order to strenghen our response to Nutrition emergencies in North East Nigeria.
Key Activities in your role will include:
- Define, propose, plan and implement a nutrition surveillance system for Northern Nigeria in coordination with available information and partners.
- Collect background, general information and contextual information relevant to the survey.
- Produce survey analysis and report guaranteeing the quality of the final survey report, recommendations and the integrated collaboration with other AAH/ACF technical departments for contextual information.
- Capacity build and coach the Nutrition team members in survey planning, methodology, management and reporting
- Implement the surveillance system: initial planning, selection of tools and methods, sampling, writing guidelines and set up time frame, working days needed, budget and logistics planning and any special tools and equipment needed. All these will be done in coordination with the line managers.
- Lead the surveillance team in data collection (following designed methodology), data entry, analysis and processing of information (SPSS or Epi Info).
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional:
- You have a Master’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Nutrition by research or related field.
- You have at least 2 years of proven experience in Managing nutrition assessments and surveys as well as humanitarian work.
- You are able to translate analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You’re a super communicator
- You are able to adjust your own style to represent ACF appropriately with a range of national counterparts, as well as colleagues from other cultures & professions.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have the ability to work in a mainstreamed manner and analyze/capitalize institutionalized information.
You’re passionate to develop Nutrition interventions:
- You have significant experience with INGOs in recovery and complex emergencies. Previous experience with partnerships and alliances is an asset.
- You have experience with nutrition and coverage surveys, and rapid nutrition assessments.
- You are disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
- You have previous experience in starting up or setting up of Nutrition Programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply