Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management Information Systems Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- The Management Information System (MIS) Officer will play a key role in implementing the food for peace Programme (FFP) a project being implemented by Action Against Hunger (ACF).
- The MIS Officer’s role will be largely limited to the establishment, management and capacity building of local staff on project information system for greater project reporting and overall impact.
- From October 2015- to May 2016, FFP will provide 5000 to 6000 bene an unconditional grant of for 7 months in Borno state in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives
- Management and maintenance of an integrated MIS into the FFP to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation, management and capacity building on MIS
- Document good practice from planning, implementation, and management of MIS
- Represent ACF in relevant local forums and technical working groups where necessary
- Bachelor Degree in IT, MIS or related field.
- Higher level degree preferred.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Minimum two years’ experience working with donor funded programming
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word)
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
- Fluent in Hausa
- Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- IT troubleshooting capabilities
- Previous experience with ACF
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after the above closing date will not be considered.
Application Deadline Sunday, 25th October, 2015