Action Against Hunger saves the lives of severely malnourished children while helping vulnerable communities become self-sufficient.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for the following position:
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …implementing and completing SCD ECHO project in Borno state throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle;
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP);
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your staff in order to achieve the activities in the PIP;
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits and learning;
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Manage and capacity build the project team;
- Maintain comprehensive records and report in a timely manner;
- Represent AAH in external meetings and coordinate with relevant UN agencies, government authorities and any other stakeholders;
Does this description fit you?You’re a seasoned Project Management Professional
- You have a Master’s Degree in project management or social sciences, health/nutrition, development (or other related field) ideally completed with a certificate/training in project management;
- You have proven multisector project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO;
- You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFDA and/or DfiD reporting and regulations;
You’re a super communicator
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You contribute to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You are goal-oriented while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply