Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Quality and Accountability (PQA) Deputy PM
- The Program Quality and Accountability (PQA) Deputy Program Manager will play a key role in implementing the PROTECT IDP response in Borno State (MMC & Jere LGA) in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- From May to December 2015, ACF will implement a multi-sectoral emergency response program to support IDPs in settlement and camps, and most vulnerable host households in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Lead the establishment of PQA systems and activities for the PROTECT IDP project to ensure compliance with donor objectives and methodology.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of PQA tools and all monitoring and evaluation reporting
- Document good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Represent ACF externally in relevant forums and working groups
Qualifications; Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in research, statistics or demography or related field. Higher level degree and/or significant research expertise preferred.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills
- Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Familiarity with Management Information Systems (Databases) and GIS.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Proven ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) funded activities
- Skills on statistical and other software (MS Excel, SPSS, SPHINX, STATA, EPI Info, ENA for SMART, GIS, etc.)
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Previous experience with nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods programming.
- Previous experience with cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous experience with ACF
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to: [email protected] Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after the closing date above will not be considered.
Application Deadline Sunday, 1st November, 2015.