Neconde is a growing Global Energy Company in Nigeria with an unstoppable quest for being recognised as one of the leading energy companies in the world.
We are constantly striving to achieve and maintain excellence in a highly challenging Industry, where oil and gas activities may be found, and relies on the right skills and personalities like you with the drive and tenacity for nothing less than the best.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Accounts Payable Accountant Job Vacancy at Neconde Energy Limited
Job Position: Accounts Payable Accountant
- This role is generally responsible for processing and monitoring of invoices and issuing payments.
- Providing these services and accounts payable transactions in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that municipal finances are maintained in an effective, accurate and up to date, and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
- Accurate input to accounting system with minimum supervision, reconciliations and support to SA & FAM as required.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing.
- List all vendor cheques in the log book.
- Prepare manual cheques as and when required.
- Maintain listing of accounts payable.
- Maintain the general ledger.
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers.
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry.
- Data enter invoices for payment.
- Process backup reports after data entry.
- Manage the weekly cheque run.
- Record all cheques.
Job qualifications and Experience required:
- Skills typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate/graduate Degree in Accounting and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Accounting.
- Experience/knowledge of SAP, Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers activity-based cost accounting.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and country-specific accounting principles is required.
- Accounting Certification preferred.
- Book-keeping skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their applications to: [email protected]