Our client is an international Security, Risk management and Support services group that identifies and manages risk for reputable organisations globally.
JOB TITLE: Account/Office Manager
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assign and monitor clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks among office staff.
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance.
- Co-ordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Design and implement filing systems.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions.
- Manage internal staff relations.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures.
- Analyse and monitor internal processes.
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency.
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency.
Education and Experience
- BSC Accounting; and or Affiliate of Chartered Accountant would be an added advantage.
- 3 -4 years administrative and supervisory experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Computer skills and knowledge of office/Account software packages.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
COMPENSATION: Highly Attractive
How to Apply
Forward a copy of your resume to [email protected]