Michael Stevens Consulting – We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria.
In furtherance of the objective of strengthening our management structure to take advantage of emerging opportunities, it has become imperative identify self managed, and very experienced individuals to meet the responsibilities inherent in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Finance Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Following internal controls.
- Completing data backups.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Maintain bank accounts by requesting disbursements.
- Monitor reserve accounts and short-term fund investments.
- Review bank statements.
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees.
- Rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Coaching and appraising performance.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 6 years experience.
- MBA or ICAN certification is a plus.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other Pinkerton employees.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to:
email@example.com with Job Title as the subject and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 18th December, 2016.