IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following:
- Prepare and review of financial statements;
- Assist in checking of Cashiers’ cash balance as scheduled;
- Updating, reviewing and reconciling bills receivables from donors with the total grant income of projects;
- Checking, processing and reporting on returns and justification of funds granted to IITA;
- Raising journal for adjustments necessary on various accounts and loading same on oracle;
- Attending to queries raised by Budget Officers on projects;
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND Accounting/Business Management, ICAN PE II would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a related role of a large organization is required.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications with good knowledge of Oracle Applications
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties
- Be able to read and interpret MOUs from donors.
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 1st October, 2015.