Adexen is mandated by an integrated supplier, purchasing, transporting, and distributing first class bitumen from refineries to work site to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job reference n°: 997
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times
- Ensure the monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers.
- Analyze business performance / result, providing feedback to Executive Management
- Review on a continuous basis credit control processes for adequacy
- Ensure financial statement compliance with IFRS guidelines.
- Financial support and analysis to all parts of the business, provide timely and accurate decision to support all departments
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and presentation of the monthly financial results on timely basis to executive management
- Ensure that end of year statutory accounts report is finalized by specified date for audit purposes.
- Other AD hoc duties that may be specified from time to time
- Co-ordinate and prepare annual budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets
- In conjunction with the CP, ensure that business cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produce optimal results.
- Ensure that relevant information is communicated to direct reports enabling them to effectively carry out their functions.
- Track and monitor revenue for accuracy, verifying it against operational reports
- Ensure that revenue is allocated correctly, taking corrective action where inconsistencies arise.
- Ensure monthly accruals are adjusted to meet demands of the business.
- In conjunction with relevant personnel track, monitor and manage insurance claims
- On a monthly basis monitor and track debtors to ensure they are consistent with contract conditions.
- Ensure that debtors is monitored and collections are consistent with set company time frames and provide receivable report for executive management
- Delegate tasks to direct reports in line with skill, knowledge and ability and where necessary identify skill gaps and training requirements.
- As required, become involved in relevant personnel matters including recruitment, termination and counselling
- Complete KPI assessment of direct reports within company specified time frame
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken in order to achieve workplace harmony within the organization at all times
- Review and control monthly payroll
- Ensure compliance with overtime / extra hours leave , unsettled advances/IOU are in accordance with stipulated guidelines
- Ensure any approved capital expenditure budgets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in management reports, including any future/potential exposures to the organization.
- On a monthly basis track and review expenditure against set budgets providing Executive Management with a variance analysis.
- Ensure all company assets are monitored and accurately accounted for.
- Ensure company motor vehicles and properties are effectively managed.
- Ensure the fixed assets register is managed and maintained with strict adherence to fixed assets register procedure
- On a monthly basis ensure the general ledger is reconciled to the assets register.
- On an annual basis reconcile gross wages, payroll tax & compensation against general ledger for review
- Collect and collate all necessary documentation in readiness and preparation of company tax return within due date.
- As requested perform specified elements of company tax return for review by external auditors and tax consultants
The ideal candidate must be independent, having exceptional analytical as well as creative problem solving skills but more so will have a broad based financial background, including
- Experience with financial planning and analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Bachelor/Masters degree in accounting or finance preferred, certified public accountant with ICAN qualification.
- Proficiency in MS office applications & SAGE/ERP.
- Leadership & communication skills in order to supervise and mentor other accounting staff.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment, to move things forward, to meet stringent timelines and to handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of the company’s financial position & strategic activities.
- A minimum of 9 years of combined accounting & finance experience as well as being very familiar with planning, compliance and reporting activities associated with a publicly-held/stockmarket listed company.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS & tax matters.
- Excellent financial & business judgment skills: business acumen & ability to provide financial and business advice to all levels of Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online