IBM is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers. Utilizing its business consulting, technology and R&D expertise, IBM helps clients become “smarter” as the planet becomes more digitally interconnected. This includes working with organizations and governments to build systems that improve traffic congestion, availability of clean water, and the health and safety of populations. IBM invests more than $6 billion a year in R&D, just completing its 18th year of patent leadership. IBM Research has received recognition beyond any commercial technology research organization and is home to 5 Nobel Laureates, 9 US National Medals of Technology, 5 US National Medals of Science, 6 Turing Awards, and 10 Inductees in US Inventors Hall of Fame. The company was behind the inventions of the PC; SABRE travel reservation system; UPC codes, Watson, the Jeopardy!-playing computing system, and much more.
Accounts Receivables Specialist
The STS (Support Transaction Services) organization plays an essential role in supporting many pre- and post-sales needs of IBM sellers, business partners and clients around the world. Whether helping to develop a proposal, qualifying a reference during the pre-sales process, or managing the post-sales order and invoice process, STS touches thousands of transactions every day. STS provides one organization for seller touch points throughout the life of a transaction. Further, STS is a part of the Transformation and Operation organization. For sellers and business partners, STS means spending less time with sales support activity, reduced cycle time for sales transactions and fewer handoffs. For clients, this means a reduction in overall cycle time from opportunity through order, and consistency across quotes, contracts and invoices. Ultimately, STS enables sellers to spend more time with clients in the pursuit of delivering value.
• The AR specialist will be responsible of customer accounts, administering payments of invoices.
• Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly individual cash collection targets, contributing to reach team and country/Geo targets.
• Open disputes whenever an invoice is wrong, goods/service are incorrect, or a customer is rightfully complaining.
• Follow dispute resolution with any responsible IBM department.
• Maintain aging items (debt) at a minimum level.
• Manage and maintain a full ledger of AR accounts, to monthly and quarterly targets.
• Build strong relationship with clients and colleagues in other IBM departments.
• Be a team player as well as an independent and organized individual.
• Demonstrate a good behavior in regards with IBM’s flexibility.
• Show integrity, respect IBM’s values and respect collection process in conformity with Business Control.
Additional Team Co-ordinator responsibilities
• Operations focal point on specific AR actions and programs
• Process improvement and enhancement
• Key projects/actions ownership for the whole MEA IOT
• Interlocks with country teams, including STS leaders and Chief Finance Officers
• DSO management of back-up for applicable countries
• Team workload distribution and organisation
• Tracking and reporting on AR metrics
• Drive target achievement on all AR metric
At least 5 years experience in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
At least 5 years experience in Business / Management / Social Sciences / Other
At least 8 years experience in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
At least 8 years experience in Business / Management / Social Sciences / Other
• Perfectly fluent French and English language skills (spoken & written)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.