Finix Comprehensive High School (FCHS) is a private, full day and boarding, Junior and Senior Secondary School for boys and girls. The school was founded by a Nigerian who has deep concern to contribute to the progress of academy in the society, hence the establishment of the school.
Finix Comprehensive High School was established on the 6th of October, 2000 with seven children, as the first students, and twelve members of staff today, FCHS has over 400 students in the junior and senior schools with over 150 staff strength.
Finix serves a diverse student body in terms of ethnicity, economic status, and Christian denominations. Nigerians make up 99% of the students’ population with African-Americans and the British making up the remaining one percent. Known for her academic excellence, discipline, and Christian values, Finix has produced students in various higher institutions in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ukraine, Canada, Caribbean Island, the UK and USA. We are a centre for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE) in Nigeria, Cambridge GCE and IGCSE (supervised by the British Council), and American organized examinations such as PSAT, SAT, ACT, and TOEFL.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Accountant Job Opening at Finix Comprehensive High School (FCHS)
Job Position: Accountant
- Reconciles all general ledger accounts to the trial balance and facilitates the month end closing process.
- Prepares invoices and check requests for payment, verifying that funds are available by tracking account balances.
- Schedules invoices for payment following designated procedures.
- Enters detail information in computerized accounting system to generate warrant.
- Processes accounts payable checks and accompanying reports for Town Council and School Board approval.
- Responsible for School Department accounts receivable.
- Enters and tracks fixed assets in the computerized accounting system.
- Monitors grant activity and cash flow reports.
- Assists auditors in preparation of year-end audit.
- Other duties may include support of payroll and human resources activities, and assist on special accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the School Department Business.
- Maintains files on all vendors and resolves billing issues with vendors.
- Performs direct entries as requested and post to general ledger.
- Performs month end, calendar end and fiscal year end procedures on computerized accounting system.
- Prepares monthly reports for department heads.
- Prepares necessary reports as requested.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements as requested, directed, and/or required.
- Assists in the preparation and development of the annual budget as requested, directed and/or required.
- Associate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with emphasis on accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude or competence for successful fulfillment of assigned performance responsibilities.
- Experience in computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Ability to understand financial accounting issues and perform complex financial calculations.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Must be team oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing in-service training as requested.
- Must maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information as required by law.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their detailed CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
28th of August, 2015.