Don Quester Consulting Limited – Our client, seeks the services of result oriented and suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Code: DQC/KGVL/ACCT/07/16- ACCOUNTANT
Our client requires the skilled services of an accountant who will be able to ensure financial integrity by keeping track of every financial transaction in the guest house to make sure that all incoming and outgoing money is accurately recorded and handled. Also, carrying out investigations on the instance of any discrepancies identified.
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits. Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Issue financial statements. Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements.
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management.
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue.
- Reconciling bank statements and ensuring legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner. Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a hospitality environment.
- IT knowledge, as transactions are usually done through computerized systems, electronic cash tills, etc
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Unmatched attention to detail as you’ll be preparing detailed financial information for senior management.
- A degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent business experience.
- A knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Minimum of 6 years experience with at least 3 years in the hospitality department
- A working knowledge of any accounting software package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected] stating the job code and job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 25th July, 2016.