CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
CBM’s Country Office, Abuja, is now inviting applications for the position of:
Job Title: Accountant, CBM Country Office
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- To keep financial records of CBM Nigeria country office (CC), in line with CBM financial regulation and international standard.
Basic Duties of the Position
- To keep all accounting records on daily basis and in chronological manner using the computerized accounting package used by the organization.
- To monitor/check the accuracy of the all payment vouchers raised by the cashier.
- To prepare the monthly report for the Anti-Money Laundering Regulator Body in Nigeria (SCUML).
- To support and advise CBM in projects accountability issues, as requested.
- To perform project visits, when requested.
- To keep track and record of all the assets and maintain the asset register.
- To control stocks and inventory of the organization.
- To prepare the monthly bank reconciliation.
- To close the accounts every month and prepare a monthly financial statement to be submitted to the management for decision making.
- To duly fulfill any other responsibility assigned by your line manager(s).
- BSc/HND in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration.
- Excellent skills in any accounting software package such as Peachtree, QuickBooks, Daceasy etc. is required.
- Excellent analytical skill and sound judgment is required. The applicant must be able to carry out all assigned duties with minimum supervision.
- Must be person of dignity, trust worthy, and highly confidential in professional manner.
- Two to six years of progressively responsible experience in public, private and Ngo accounting.
- Good working knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, budgeting procedures and cash/bank reconciliation.
- Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- It is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application. All applicants MUST produce specific and comprehensive information supporting each one of the following criterion orthe application will not be considered.Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified of their access to the next step of the selection process which consists of:
- A written test on computer skills
- All candidates orally interviewed will receive feedback of the result of their application
- An oral interview checking the original certificates submitted in copy during the initial application, and testing professional and personal capacities, which, if successful, grants access to:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit, in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to “Human Resource Unit” at:[email protected]
Application Deadline 30th April, 2016