MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and
territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Account Manager
Ref No: R-27442
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives.
- We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society .
- Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
- Manage all MasterCard programs including Credit, Debit, Prepaid & Commercial cards, spanning issuing and acquiring businesses, for customers in Nigeria.
- Grow MasterCard volume and share within the Issuers and Acquirers and develop incremental revenue streams across value added services.
- Have you had previous experience in building a long-term partnership with a large customer? Can you negotiate, execute and manage all aspects of the customers’ business? Are you able to go beyond tactical engagements and become the trusted strategic advisor for this account?
- Can you analyze customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis?
- Deliver against sales targets for MasterCard products & services and net revenue targets from new and existing business for the market
- Analyze the customer’s business through profitability modeling, financial forecasting and competitive analysis. Design specific strategies that deliver customized solutions for the business that drive profit, revenue growth and value creation for both MasterCard and the customer while working in close coordination with MasterCard cross functional teams.
- Lead product development for Nigeria, including identification and implementation of new features and benefits, working in close collaboration with the rest of the Nigeria team and other internal partners within the region.
- Create a comprehensive customer marketing pipeline with a view to drive portfolio performance (usage and acquisition)
- Collaborate with the customer to develop and execute an annual strategic account plan, and putting in place regular (at least quarterly) review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives
- Negotiate, execute and manage the customer agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing
- Develop and implement sales plan designs to include business development, advertising, marketing and product management activities with customers, prospects and internal MasterCard contacts
- This position offers the opportunity to manage all aspects of the MasterCard relationship with assigned customers.
- Sound knowledge of retail electronic Payments/ Cards from an Issuing / Acquiring/ Network perspective required. (Work experience in the payments/banking domain preferred)
- Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines (Sales, Product, Marketing, operations, and risk.
- The position requires a self-motivated, commercially pragmatic, business developer with strong relationship management and influencing skills to partner with customer & MasterCard cross functional teams to create and implement impactful payments programs that maximize segment penetration & drive MasterCard and bank revenues.
- The ideal candidate will one with strong execution focus, possess solid payments industry experience, preferably gained in Business Development /Product management on the Issuer side with the ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions. He should also be very comfortable dealing with technology.
- Self driven, organized and pro-active
- Entrepreneurial and commercially focused
- Strong impact and influencing, negotiation skills
- Strong relationship, communication, presentation and marketing skills;
- Work well in a small team leveraging colleagues’ skills
- University degree. Advanced degree preferred
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online