Account Executive (Q1: Managed) is responsible for driving an intentional end to end sales model, designed to drive predictable Customer business outcomes. Account Executive own the Services business in a 1:10 relationship with the Customer, and is responsible for driving a balanced portfolio of MCS and Premier revenue in their account.
They orchestrate and drive deal pursuits by focusing on packaged repeatable solutions, and fixed scope offerings across multiple customers. They drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s and packaged solutions with TDM’s throughout the organization. The ability to prioritize their time, drive opportunities that are mapped to the Customer’s business agenda and aligned to Megatrends and Microsoft Priority Areas is key. Account Executives display leadership in internal and external orchestration of Microsoft team account strategies, develop account strategy and growth plans, and provide accurate opportunity close plans dates to support forecast data to the business.
The Account Executive Services (Q1: Managed) is the end to end Services account relationship owner for our top 2100 tier Microsoft customers
Job Position: Account Executive
The Account Executive Services (Q1: Managed):
- Aligns deal pursuit around packaged repeatable solutions, and fixed scope offerings across multiple customers.
- Drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s, horizontal packaged solutions with TDM’s, solutions aligned with Megatrends
- Manages deal process end to end and engages internal teams effectively
- Drives packaged repeatable solutions and fixed scope offerings to closure
- Drives 40% opportunity close rate by having precise close plans in place for all active opportunities
- Drives excellence in sales execution: opportunity qualification, opportunity level forecast recommendations of +- 5%, consistent execution of Microsoft Sales Process, Partner integration.
- Drives revenue attainment – NWS, MCS billed, Premier.
- Develops high quality, account plans, mapped to Customer budget cycle and aligned with EPG teams. Strategies are based on customer’s business priorities and drive Microsoft solution scenarios with accelerated revenue growth over time
- Establishes Conditions of Satisfaction, review with customer via Executive Business Reviews inclusive of MCS and Premier involvement.
- Coordinates with EPG Account Manager on customer review rhythm via Executive Business Reviews.
- Is skilled in working across business segments in establishing account profiling, setting priorities, and ensuring affective alignment with Enterprise Partner Group (EPG), Specialist Team Unit (STU) , Services Sales Manager (SSM), Solutions Specialist (SSSP), Mega Deal Team, Enterprise Architect,( EA) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to prioritize and align account activities.
- Able to ensure that Services Growth Strategies for Enterprise Services, Consulting and Premier (in the Account Planning Portal) are updated by end of Q1 and information is current based on a rolling 6 month cycle, enter all services opportunities for all Services managed accounts in CRM.
- Responsible for contributing to SMSG’s growth commitment by 100% attainment of revenue based incentive (RBI) objectives, achievement of quarterly revenue targets and full year Premier billed revenue
- Able to ensure that all Services actions positively contribute to the customer and to Relationship Management Score (RMS) by account. Drive Customer and Partner Experience indicators in all accounts.
- Opportunities are aligned to megatrends and focused on strategic priorities.
- Propels a balanced portfolio of opportunities across Priority Areas.
- Achieve Minimum Close Rate and Pre-Sales ROI by improving deal qualification process.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline to ensure appropriate velocity and coverage to meet quota. Prepare for regular pipeline reviews to ensure you can articulate the health and quality of your pipeline, learnings from wins and losses, and escalations for opportunity resources to improve win rate
- Own the sales cycle for Services opportunities end-to-end by managing opportunities through the Microsoft Sales Process (MSP).
- Execute MSP with discipline across the sales lifecycle for all opportunities.
- Qualify opportunities to the highest standards of excellence from MSP.
- Participate in the Opportunity Review Board (ORB) for deals > 1 Million to improve opportunity qualification and close rates. Complete SMSG Win/Loss assessment for ORB/DRB opportunities and share key learnings on a monthly basis.
- Enter all new/renewal opportunities into CRM and ensure data is complete and up to date on an annual basis during Q1 for renewals/weekly.
- Align with Enterprise Partner Group (EPG), Specialist Team Unit STU) leads, Services Sales Manager (SSM), Services Solutions Specialist (SSSP), Enterprise Architect,( EA) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to prioritize and align account planning and activities
- Participate in Creating Opportunities Through Account Planning (COTAP) workshops as available in your local geography to align with EPG account teams to effectively plan Services Sales strategy for key accounts.
- Responsible for driving highly intentional sales approach, with customer to drive predictable customer business outcomes.
- Drive deal Pursuit Strategies to defined repeatable solutions with some customization driving the customer’s business agenda.
- Develop revenue growth plans by selling a balanced portfolio MCS, Premier, and New Work Sold.
Responsible for strategy, planning, marketing/positioning, developing appropriate value propositions and crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer business outcomes. Responsible for a balanced portfolio of (Enterprise Strategy, Global Delivery integration, Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Invoiced Revenue, New Work Sold (NWS) and Premier Billed Revenue into assigned accounts.
- Ensure that Services Growth Strategies for Enterprise Services, Consulting and Premier (in the Account Planning Portal) are updated by end of Q1 and information is current based on a rolling 6 month cycle, Enter all services opportunities for all Services managed accounts in CRM.
- Provide monthly opportunity-level forecast recommendation supporting <5% forecast variance for NWS and Premier Billed.
- Close 90% or greater of committed opportunities within the targeted month, while managing pipeline exceptions to <2%.
- Ensure T-12 activities for all Premier renewals for maximized on-time agreement renewal.
- Develops relationships with BDM’s and TDM’s across the customer organization. Drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s and packaged solutions with TDM’s. Drive sales scenarios through understanding the customer, the industry, and the competition
- Map customer business needs to Microsoft solutions providing a differentiating value proposition
- Develop quality Account Plans mapped to customer budget cycle, aligned with EPG teams, inclusive of pursuit strategies and revenue growth over time, reviewed with the customer annually. Review with Sales Management quarterly
- Establish Conditions of Satisfaction (COS). Coordinate with EPG Account Manager on customer review rhythm via Executive Business Reviews (EBR). Ensure account and/or contact level COS are referenced and reflected in engagement level COS for both Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier In your assigned accounts
Uses customer business reviews to identify customer strengths or gaps, and finds additional ways in which the Services team can add value and enhance customer satisfaction. Ensure that all Services actions positively contribute to the customer and positively contribute to Relationship Management Score (RMS) by account.
- Drive Customer and Partner Experience indicators in all accounts.
What work experience is essential to the job? How many years of previous work experience would it typically take to gain sufficient experience in these areas to minimally fill this job role?
- 5 – 8 years of related experience (IC5).
- 8 – 10 years of related experience (IC6).
- 10+ years of related experience.
What type of supervisory or management experience would be necessary to fulfill the job requirements, if any?
Management by Influence, strong Team Leadership and orchestration.
Field of Study (if applicable): Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop executive relationships Strategic Selling Skills -craft and position complex business solutions with a winning value proposition.
- Account Planning and Strategy.
- Industry/ Competitive Knowledge.
Rigorous opportunity management and ability to forecast business accurately
- Microsoft Core Competencies:
- Drive for Results.
- Strategic Selling.
- Sales Excellence.
- Challenger Mentality.
- -Influencing for Impact.
- -Customer Focus.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online